Friday, February 11, 2011

Healing Begins

I am currently working on a project for my senior portfolio. You can call it a self portrait project. Call it self exploration if you must. But this project is more than just a project, it's a process.

This work is about self healing and awakening. The weight of pain and sorrow from past mistakes and the recent loss of my grandmother and grandfather has pressed on my heart for far too long. These images reveal a spiritual awakening through symbolism and expression. They represent a healing process; a journey that starts with waking up from the spiritual slumber, dealing with the numbness created by that past, and learning how to obtain true joy. The balloons represent the hurt that I have not been able to let go of. It is only when they are freed from their bondage that next step in the process can start.







This is where the healing begins. This is my awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment