Monday, October 4, 2010

fall in full force

If you have read my previous posts, you already know how much I love fall. I could seriously go on and on about all the wonderful things about this season, but I'll spare you the details.

So the greater Atlanta area finally got a break from the sweltering 90+ temperatures this past week and weekend. Perfect way to bring in the month of October. And on top of that, I got to spend the weekend in the north Georgia mountains. My best friend from high school was getting married on an absolutely beautiful farm about twenty minutes outside of Helen. So Friday afternoon, after I went to class and packed my bags, I hit the road and headed up GA-400 straight into Helen. I had a full tank of gas and my radio set to some good ol' classic rock. An hour and 45 mins later I stepped out of the hustle and bustle of the city life and into the beautiful, fresh mountain air.

That night included the dress rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Then some much needed sleep, Saturday was going to be a long day. The next morning a few of us enjoyed some breakfast at the good old Huddle House(my first time...I prefer Waffle House) Then we had some down time and I got to see some real bears at a Bear Park. They were so big and so cute! Giant teddy bears. I just wanted to hug them all. We went for a little walk then headed back to the hotel to gather up our stuff and head out to the farm. Of course we were running a little late, so me and 4 other bridesmaids and 1 bride scurried to get ready. Hair pins and makeup was scattered all over the place, as the photographer hurried us on. We all got ready in under an hour and were ready for pictures. Let me just tell you, the setting for this wedding was absolutely gorgeous. The farm house and beautiful ruins of an old school house were set up on a hill with the beautiful blue mountains in the distance. Of course the white and green theme for the whole occasion was beautiful and went perfectly with the setting. The ceremony went perfectly and the reception was soon to follow...inside the open ruins of the school house. So beautiful. All your typical wedding traditions and events took place and it was time for the happy couple to be on their way.... we wished them happiness and blessings as they drove off in the Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech, a little something special for the groom's father who passed away three years ago while on a mission trip in Honduras. It was a beautiful thing. I only wish I had the time to take more pictures of the whole day.

My mom had ridden up with another couple that day, so she would be riding back with me. We were lucky to get the hotel room for one more night, thank goodness, because I was exhausted and didn't want to make the drive at 10 o'clock at night. Sunday morning, mom and I got up, ate some breakfast, and hit the road. Goodbye beautiful mountains. Braves game here I come. I took mom home and headed back to Kennesaw to meet my friend Stefanie. We headed downtown to the Braves last game of the regular season. The stadium was packed! I've never seen Turner Field that full before. It was an awesome game and the Braves were able to pull it off with an 8-7 win over the Phillies. We then were able to enjoy a little bit of the REO Speedwagon concert after the game. Man those old guys sure know how to rock. :)

Overall, it was a fantastic weekend, filled with beautiful weather, fun, laughter, friends, and family. But unfortunately, I did not catch the bouquet, and I did not catch a foul ball... but I certainly caught a cold. Should've seen that one coming. I spent three days in the lovely fall weather...just not properly dressed. Oh well. I got chicken noodle soup and some airborne and I was good to go. Here it is Tuesday morning, and I am feeling much better. Now its time to study and start marking things off my to do list.





These photos are in reverse order. I still haven't quite adjusted to blogger yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment