Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Surely We Can Change

I have attempted to make a post three times now, each time I started writing and writing, and I got this feeling that I shouldn't post what I had written. I'm not really sure why, it just wasn't the right time I guess. So I'm starting over. My mind has been racing over the past few days and it's difficult to sum up, but I've got to get something out.

This past weekend was pretty rough. My family and I went to Nashville to visit my grandmother, Mama Jeanne. She is not doing well at all, and basically her body is shutting down. The doctors have told us that they give her 1-3 months. Heart breaking. We just went to spend time with her and keep her company. It was so good to see her. And it was extremely difficult to leave. Tears rolled down each of our faces. I pray that I can return for another visit very soon. We also stopped in Chattanooga on our way home to visit my dad's parents. My granddaddy is in an assisted living home, so that was another difficult part of our trip. I spent the rest of my Sunday night and all day Monday with a heavy heart. I could literally feel the pressure on my chest. So all this sadness was really getting to me. I had to get out of the apartment and go for a run. Running, though somewhat painful, is always refreshing to me. It gives me time to think, calm down, and rejuvenate. So twenty-five minutes later, I was refreshed with a confidence in knowing that God has a plan for my family and He holds us in His hands.

On a different note... that little run I took was the start of becoming a healthier me. The combination of busy college life and working at a pizza place the past four years has contributed to laziness and bad eating habits. The result...well lets just say I'm getting some "curves." So I've decided to do something about it. No more pizza, no more breadsticks, no more fast food, and no more soda. Cutting back on the white bread and sugar. This is not necessarily a diet, just making healthy choices. As best I can. I struggle with self control when it comes to sweets especially. So hopefully I can stick to this. At least until I've gained some self control and am satisfied with how its going. So goodbye my sweet Dr. Pepper... hello hydration. Goodbye pepperoni pizza... hello fruits and veggies. Wish me luck!

Here's to a happy heart and healthy body, with a refreshed attitude and positive mindset. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment